DANCE MAKING/ART MAKING for ages 6-9
With Sara Kiesel
This 6-week workshop is designed for students who love to dance and do ART. We will explore how art and dance intersect by dancing and “drawing dance” with different mediums – from simple crayon sketches to more involved projects using paper, collage, and shadow play. Students will sharpen their visual skills, learn to let go of how something is “supposed ” to look, and gain confidence in diving into art while exploring basic elements of dance. Dance vocabulary will expand as new ways to look at dance evolve through dancing and drawing. All art making materials will be provided.
- Quick Shapes: dancers explore making stationary shapes while artists sketch what they see.
- Partner Self-Portraits
- Explore positive/negative space with charcoal and pastels.
- Paper collages of body design in space.
- Explore shadow play with light and movement.
- How do we see and feel music? Can we draw music?
March 9 – April 13
$150 for the full session (includes cost of art-making materials)