Berkshire Pulse is seeking a highly organized, detail-oriented Operations Manager to manage the day-to-day operations of the organization. We are seeking someone who has project management experience, with the ability to manage multiple projects at a time, while also supervising administrative staff and contractors.
Primarily, the Operations Manager will: (1) Oversee the day-to-day operations of Berkshire Pulse, including daily classes, facilities, and website, (2) supervise administrative staff, (3) participate in budgetary management and daily financial tracking, (4) mailing list, registration database, and donor database management, (5) assist with fundraising projects and performance events, (6) support and cultivate relationships with partnering organizations and artists. The Operations Manager works in collaboration with the leadership of the Founder/Artistic Director serving as a staff liaison to the Board Of Directors.
The Operations Manager plays an integral role in the development and execution of the organization’s day-to-day activities, including:
– Supervision: Works on site to oversee day-to-day business, outreach, and general operations including running of the studios/office, registrations and payments, , studio rentals and residencies, personnel, and budgets.
– Human Resources/Personnel: Supervises or performs Human Resources-related duties such as hiring/managing front desk staff, updating and distributing employee handbooks, maintaining updated job descriptions, scheduling performance reviews, execution of contracts, and staff scheduling.
– Daily Financial Management: In partnership with the Finance Director, oversee day-to-day financial operations; including managing incoming donations via mail or online, overseeing and managing tuition and class payments, tracking monthly payroll, and ensuring fidelity to financial tracking systems.
– Database Management: Works with staff and the Artistic Director to plan and implement systems, including overseeing all class registrations, demographic data tracking, membership maintenance, donor databases, and mailing lists.
– Fundraising: Works with Artistic Director, Grant Writer, and Board of Directors to assist fundraising activities including individual gifts, Board gifts, special events, corporate giving, government support, annual appeal/report, and foundation grants.
– Performance Planning/Management: Works with the Artistic Director, staff, and teaching artists to plan and implement annual performance events, including scheduling, venue selection, review and execution of contracts, , performance logistics, and supervising of box office, front of house, and ticket sales.
– Advocacy: Supports and maintains the relationship between Berkshire Pulse and various local and regional organizations, including government agencies and advocacy groups, community and local business groups and arts organizations, working with the Marketing Coordinator and serving with the Artistic Director as the public face of Berkshire Pulse.
Berkshire Pulse is a dynamic nonprofit center for creative arts whose mission is to build and strengthen community life through diverse and accessible programming in movement, dance, theater, and performance. Pulse offers classes to youth, teens, and adults (ages 3-90) throughout the county, at our ADA-accessible studios in Housatonic, through afterschool and in-school programs at over a dozen local schools, through outreach programs in collaboration with partner organizations, and in special workshops and performances. Each year, Pulse serves over 600 students in-studio and hundreds of additional students at programs in local schools across Berkshire County.
This position is full time. Starting salary is $52,000/year.
The ideal candidate will:
– Have (at minimum) a bachelor’s degree in arts administration or comparable experience in a related field
– Have prior experience with a nonprofit or for-profit organization in a management/leadership role. Experience in operations, fundraising, marketing, public relations, and/or prior experience with an arts organization is highly desirable
– Have strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively with other Pulse staff, volunteers, the Artistic Director, and the Board
– Have experience in project management, including understanding the vision and creating actionable and timely goals, overseeing the project to completion, and ensuring staff work efficiently to complete the project
– Technologically savvy, with considerable experience with MS Office and Google Docs
– Be able to speak and write effectively while serving as a spokesperson for Berkshire Pulse. Communicating with the public and to the media is required
– Demonstrate a passion for the arts and an understanding of the value of arts education and the connection between an organization of this kind and its community
How to apply:
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. You may also email with any questions, to request an accommodation, or for questions about accessibility.