Interested in joining our teaching roster or proposing a class? Submit your resume and application here.
SUMMER COUNSELOR (start date: June 24, 2023)
Description: Berkshire Pulse is seeking an enthusiastic Summer Counselor to assist with daily duties during our Summer Intensive programs in 2023. The Summer Counselor will assist students and teachers throughout daily classes and serve as a liaison between the students and Berkshire Pulse staff.
Term of employment: Seasonal. June 24 (training)-August 12.
Planned Summer Youth Program schedule (subject to updates):
Monday to Friday, June 26 – July 7 (no classes on July 4)
Berkshire Pulse Intensive
Monday to Friday, July 10 – 21
Monday to Friday, July 24 – 28
Hip Hop and Street Style
Monday to Friday, July 31 – August 4
Monday to Saturday, August 7 – 12
- Arrive 15 minutes before the start of the first class, and 30 minutes on the first day of a new program, to help prepare the studios
- Greet students every day, show them around the space and help them to feel comfortable, remind them to use the bathroom and fill their water bottles before class, and help them prepare for class any other way they need
- Take daily class attendance
- Serve as a liaison between the students and the Berkshire Pulse administrative/programming team, communicating student questions and concerns. Bring any health or safety concerns to the front desk staff’s attention immediately.
- Assist teaching artists during class by demonstrating, encouraging participation, accompanying younger students to the bathroom, supporting students, and provide other in-class support as-needed.
- Oversee students during lunch break and class transitions, and accompany them to the park when weather permits
- Stay 15 minutes after the last class concludes to help with dismissal and tidying up the studios
The ideal candidate will have:
-Previous experience working with children/teens
-Reliable daily transportation
-Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively
-Ability to multi-task in a busy environment
-Ability to work well within a community of artists and with the public
-High school degree or equivalent
-First aid training is a plus
Pay: $5000 stipend for the summer session
How to apply:
To apply, email a resume to Benjamin Court, Operations Manager: benjamin [at] berkshirepulse.org
You may also email benjamin [at] berkshirepulse.org with any questions, to request an accommodation, or for questions about accessibility.